ABOUT THE ROYAL OPERA HOUSE
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. Home to two of the world’s great artistic companies – The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet, performing with the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House – we seek to be always accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre.
By entering this year, you can help us raise funds to purchase the scenic materials vital for the incredible sets used in our productions, seen and appreciated by so many in our building and across the world via cinema broadcasts. Our site in Thurrock is home to the ROH Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop and Costume Centre, where the breathtaking sets and scenery for our productions are designed and built in the Production Workshop by teams of highly-skilled scenic artists, carpenters, draughtsmen and metalworkers. It is also home to more than 20,000 costumes and 6,000 items from the historic Royal Opera House Collections. In addition, the Grade II listed outbuildings have hosted many Learning and Participation projects and events since 2006.
Every £2 ticket you buy will help support the Royal Opera House; thank you for your consideration.
- One ticket costing just £2 could buy four budget brushes for us to use to apply glue or resin.
- Five tickets at £10 could buy a box of coach bolts, used to put together the scenery we build on stage.
- Ten tickets at £20 could buy 200 leaves of imitation gold transfer, used for the Swan Lake set.
- Twenty tickets at £40 could buy a rechargeable battery to drive the numerous power tools in the Carpentry Workshop.
- 50 tickets at £100 could buy a fall arrest harness, essential for the health and safety of construction staff.